Undergraduate Pathway in Business and Management
In this pathway you will gain a broad business and management background and the analytical, technical and interpersonal skills needed to understand, analyse and address the issues facing today's companies. By choosing particular modules in the later stages of your degree you will also be granted exemptions from select professional examinations in the fields of accounting, marketing or business and management.
Your Pathway to Brunel University London
|2023/24||Foundation Studies||First Year University Studies|
* All Brunel University London Pathway College course fees may be subject to a review; please note these fees are a guide only and are subject to change.
Upon successful completion of your pathway programme you will progress onto Brunel University London. Find out more by watching the video below.
- Foundation Studies: Two Semesters (Brunel University London Pathway College)
- First Year Studies: Two Semesters (Brunel University London Pathway College)
- Foundation Studies: September
- First Year Studies: January, September
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication 1
- Critical Thinking and Expression
- Principles of ICT
First Year University Studies
- International Business Environment
- Interactive Learning Skills & Communication 4
- Introduction to Accounting and Financial Management
- Introduction to Management Enquiry
- Managing Information with Technology
- Organisational Behaviour and Analysis
- Principles & Practices of Marketing
The aim of this programme is to provide a theoretical and applied knowledge and skills required at foundation level. In completing the programme, students will be able to demonstrate understanding of research methods and methodologies, critical and creative thinking, management, decision-making, ICT and analytical skills in the production of written and oral assignments, to develop the prescribed level of inter-disciplinary language competence. Students will examine a range of research approaches, techniques and methodologies, and manage their personal development enhancing their intellectual and practical skills, which build a set of transferable skills as appropriate for continuing at the undergraduate level.
The Programme will be delivered using a combination of Lectures/ Tutorials/Self-directed study:
- Purpose: To deliver basic module material.
- Structure: Each module has 4 hours contact time per week which is normally delivered in 2 hour blocks. No period of contact should exceed fifty (50) minutes at one time without a minimum of a ten (10) minute break.
This is a key aspect of the programme element and is varied to ensure that a student has a variety of learning opportunities. This will include: individual and group formative assessment methods: presentations, individual and group work; and peer review.
Each student is expected to undertake a minimum number of hours in individual study per week in order to support and build the skills, knowledge and understanding presented in each lecture and small group tutorial session per week. It is expected that students will increase the number of individual study hours as they approach formal assessment events. The ability for students to expand their learning by creating effective self-directed study patterns is a transferable skill deemed fundamental to further academic success as well as a key time-management tool. All students are provided with access to a range of on-line resources through the student portal. Electronic journals and electronic books are available through the Brunel University e-resources gateway. There will be a focus of using freely available tools and benefiting from the resources available on the internet to support learning. Guest speakers from relevant industries will provide additional perspectives for students.
This pathway leads to the following Brunel University London degrees:
- Business and Management BSc (Hons)*
- Accounting and Business and Management BSc (Hons)
- Marketing Management BSc (Hons)
- Human Resource Management BSc (Hons)
- International Business BSc (Hons)
* Only BSc (Hons) Business and Management available in May intake for First Year studies.
Careers and your future
Brunel University London have extensive links with employers and industry and you’ll benefit from our networks as well as having the opportunity to learn from a variety of guest speakers. Our degrees offer an optional work placement year and we’ll encourage you to take this up. This experience in the workplace is highly valued by employers and will give you the edge when you apply for jobs.
Our programmes are built with input from business professionals with the specific aim of helping you enter the workplace fully equipped and confident of your abilities. As a graduate you’ll be equipped to enter a number of roles, including:
- Business analyst
- Business development manager
- Data analyst
- Insurance underwriter
- Management consultant
- Project manager
- Risk manager
- Sales executive
- Supply chain manager
Some of the well-known names who value Brunel Business School graduates include Accenture, Amazon, Barclays, British Airways, Capgemini, HSBC, Jaguar Land Rover, L’Oréal, McCann, Microsoft, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Xerox.