Postgraduate Pathway in Business
A postgraduate pathway will give you valuable insight into postgraduate-level studies in the UK. Most importantly, It will equip you with the appropriate knowledge and skills you need to excel in your chosen taught master's degree.
Your Pathway to Brunel University London
|Year||Pre-Master's Studies||Master's Degree|
£17,355 - £23,565
*All Brunel University London Pathway College course fees may be subject to a review. Brunel University London fees are a guide only and are subject to change.
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication 5
- Management Principles
- Research Methods
January, May, September
The educational aims of the programme element are to:
1. Develop in students fundamental knowledge and understanding of business and its internal and external operating processes, inclusive of planning and strategy, growth, marketing, products/services, finance and accounting systems, information systems, and the management and development of human resource within organisations.
2. Develop in students an appreciation and desire to learn based on competent intellectual and practical skills that build to a set of transferable skills that will support them in all aspects of their onward academic studies/careers and support their decision making in an informed manner.
3. Ensure that students have attained the prescribed level of inter-disciplinary language competence.
4. Prepare students for postgraduate study to meet the required academic standards.
Lecture, Seminars/Workshops and Tutorials
- Purpose: To deliver basic module material.
- Structure: Teaching is interactive with opportunities for individual and group formative exercises. Teaching rooms will have access to electronic/online resources to support the lecture.
- Purpose: To develop team work skills and confidence by giving constructive feedback to fellow students.
- Structure: Sessions are normally conducted according to preparation for specific topics and provide a collegiate atmosphere to encourage students to interact with class members building their class, or ‘team’, knowledge and skills.
- Purpose: To enable one to one dialogue and feedback
- Structure: Appropriate number of 10 minute tutorial slots arranged with each student as part of the teaching hours.
Each student is expected to undertake a minimum number of hours in individual study per week in order to support and build the skills, knowledge and understanding presented in each lecture and seminar groups. It is expected that students will increase the number of individual study hours as they approach summative assessment events.
The ability for students to expand their learning by creating effective self-directed study patterns is a transferable skill deemed fundamental to further academic success as well as a key time-management tool. All students have access to Brunel University Library which supports learners though a range a services.
The library is well stocked with books and journals and citation indexes for researching further primary and secondary sources. There also bookable group study rooms and access to specialist Librarians who can help with any enquiries.
The library is also open 24/7 during Brunel University London's term time, enabling students to be flexible in their personalised learning preferences. All students have access to University ASK services through the University Library and academic English support (as requested) through IPLC.
Electronic journals and electronic books are available through the Brunel University’s e-resources gateway. As appropriate, students can access Black Board, the University Virtual Learning environment. All students are provided with access to a range of on line resources through the college student portal/learning environment. Students are expected to access online resources to support their learning while out on their placement.
This pathway leads to the following Brunel University London Master's degrees:
- Accounting and Business Management MSc
- Business Intelligence and Digital Marketing MSc
- Corporate Brand Management MSc
- Corporate Brand Management with Extended Professional Placement MSc
- Global Supply Chain Management MSc
- Human Resource Management MSc
- International Business MSc
- International Business with 12 weeks placement MSc
- International Business with Extended Professional Practice (12 months placement) MSc
- Management MSc
- Management with 12 weeks placement MSc
- Management with Extended Professional Practice (12 months placement) MSc
- Marketing MSc
- Marketing with 12 weeks placement MSc
- Marketing with Extended Professional Practice (12 months placement) MSc
*Course has additional entry requirements of three years' managerial work experience in a postgraduate professional environment.
Careers and your future
Our programmes are built with input from business professionals with the specific aim of helping you enter the workplace fully equipped and confident of your abilities. As a masters graduate you’ll be equipped to enter a number of roles, including:
- Business analyst
- Business development manager
- Data analyst
- Insurance underwriter
- Management consultant
- Project manager
- Risk manager
- Sales executive
- Supply chain manager
Some of the well-known names who value Brunel Business School graduates include Accenture, Amazon, Barclays, British Airways, Capgemini, HSBC, Jaguar Land Rover, L’Oréal, McCann, Microsoft, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Xerox.
We were one of the first business schools to offer postgraduate placement. You can now put your learning into practice through optional six to twelve week or yearlong work placement option available on our Management, Marketing or Corporate Brand Management courses.